All products with reusable applicators are only sold and bought as brand new products they will never be sold used.
Removal of top layer by use of one or a combination of the following: pressurized air,
cotton ball/q-tip, cling film, or putty.
(The method we use is really determined by the state of the product itself) Product sanitized with alcohol based solution -Outside packaging wiped clean and dry with same solution.
* Important to note that cleaning the packaging of a product is just as important as cleaning the product itself.
Mechanical items (lipsticks)
- Used portion/top layer is removed
by either slicing with a clean blade or clean wire.
- Heat is then applied to exterior of product
to ensure all bacteria is killed
and to form a new soft top layer
- Outside packaging wiped clean and dry
with alcohol based solution.
* Same method (alcohol solution) is used to
clean inside all caps/lids of products.
Caps are removed and soaked in alcohol product from mouth of the container is removed by disposable tooth pick or by products’ pump. (This is done to insure the product functions properly)
- Neck of container (particularly ones with grooves) are sanitized with an alcohol and oil based solution (similar to makeup remover) + the force of an electric toothbrush- for a deep clean.
- Outside packaging wiped clean and dry with alcohol based solution.
* Ideally we like to accept/list only 100G in this category
Gently used brushes: ‘Makeup remover solution’ (alcohol and oil based) is used to rid brush of product
- Handle of brush sanitized with alcohol based solution
- Brush either left to air dry or dried with mild heat
Gently used tools: Bathed in alcohol based solution, rinsed and dried.
- Lid + neck (grooves) of container are cleared of product by use of pressurized air.
- Lid sanitized with alcohol based solution
- Outside packaging wiped clean bathed in alcohol and dried with alcohol based solution
- Quality Assurance label then placed on product to warn customers of presence of loose powder when opening
- Top layer removed by use of disposable spatula
- Heat is then applied to cream to melt back into form (smooth surface)
- light therapy is used to ensure all bacteria is killed
- Surrounding and outside packaging wiped clean and dry with alcohol based solution